AS SEEN IN APPLE’S iPAD TV ADS “MovieSlate® is the the Rolls-Royce of slates” says HandHeldHollywood.com. A convenient, all-in-one digital slate, clapper board, shot log, and notepad is used for film, TV, documentaries, music videos, and interviews, this professional production tool is the easy way to log footage and take notes as you shoot— saving you valuable time later when capturing/editing footage, and creating reports. All at a mere fraction of a bulky digital clapperboard’s cost.
SLATE Tap a field to edit production info. Choose info from default/custom snippets, contacts, or saved history. Enter new info with the keyboard. Use the optimized keypad to quickly enter numeric info like: roll, scene, take, timecode. Or swipe up/down on fields to increment/decrement numbers.
TIMECODE Entering timecode is easy with our optimized keypad. Sync to clock time, or an iTunes song (Music Video mode). With optional "PRO Features" in-app purchase: LTC/WiFi sync with: compatible cameras, recorders, generators, Timecode Systems Hubs, wireless timecode slates; and other MovieSlate apps.
CLAPPER To begin a shot: photograph the slate’s production info, then tap the clapper sticks. Sticks open & clap closed, creating an audible/visible marker. All slate data is logged to history. Optional credits animations briefly display each production field, full screen.
NOTES For each shot, you can: circle a take; rate sound/picture quality; write multiple shot notes; record voice notes; take picture notes. Example: when shooting interviews, create notes to timecode-mark when a particular question was asked, or something remarkable was said. Enter notes using the microphone, camera, keyboard— or insert snippet phrases (such as “Interview”, “Question”, or “Tail Sticks”).
LOG HISTORY Get fast, searchable access to shot info, without wading through hours of footage. For each shot: all production, GPS location, and timecode data is stored to the app’s Shot Log History, where you can view, edit, or rate shots. History/Notes can be exported/emailed as: HTML, XML, CSV, and TAB formats. Supports multiple projects.
CUSTOMIZE Suit your workflow and tastes. Choose behaviors, layouts, sounds, themes (clapper/hinge designs, backgrounds, fonts, colors)— even display your production logo on the slate and in reports.
ALWAYS READY With MovieSlate: lost clapper boards are a thing of the past. Your shot history is always ready to view, review, edit, or send.
PRO FEATURES (in-app purchase: $9.99/month or $299.99 one-time) • Timecode Sync - with compatible gear via WiFi/headphone jack. • Denecke TS-TCB - sync claps/timecode/data. • Sound Dept - data/notes logging/reports for up to 32 tracks. • Sound Recorder Sync - with Sound Devices 6-Series. • Reality MultiCam - data/notes logging/reports for up to 26 cameras. • Camera Sync - with ARRI + RED cameras. • KeyClips - keyword-based logging for FCPX. • MovieSlate Cloud Pro - advanced backup/restore/sharing. • App-to-App - sync and remote control.
SCRIPT DEPT SUBSCRIPTION (in-app purchase: $24.99/month) • Includes Script Dept features and all Pro Features
SUBSCRIPTIONS Listed prices are $USD. At purchase confirmation: payment is charged to your iTunes Account; any unused portion of free trial period is forfeited. Auto-renewable subscriptions are billed monthly through the App Store. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew feature is turned off at least 24-hours before end of current subscription/trial period. Your iTunes Account is charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to end of current period. To manage subscription auto-renewal see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098
REQUIRES iOS 9, 10, 11; current iOS devices
• Music Video: + Markers list now properly scrolls again. + Sliders no longer jump when finger dragging stops.
• Settings > Appearance - added Circle Take Color option.
• Script Dept - improved support for shoot days which span midnight
• Script Dept > Markup screen: + Teradek screen grabs - can now be saved as a note or PDF annotation. + Popup toolbar menu now includes "Image Note" tool. + Text tool - now remembering defaults for font, point size, and text/background colors. + Tramline Header - stays selected when auto-adding tramlines.
• Script Dept > Markup > Thumbnail Grid screen: + Renamed "Edit" button to "Import". + Added new "Edit" button with tools to add, delete, rotate, export pages. + In Edit mode, blank pages can now be added to PDF documents. + In Edit mode, a page can now be long-tapped then dragged to new location.
• Settings > Script Dept: + added "Stopwatch Options” to stop/start/clear/reset timer when shots start/stop. + added "Bookmark Facing Pages when inserting into a Script PDF" option.